Variables are an extremely useful feature in DAX, but perhaps not a well known one. Variables:
1. Make your formulas more readable
2. You can reuse them through your report
3. Can also be tables
4. Are more efficient
Tutorial with example
In this tutorial we go through how to write variables in Power BI:
Download example file:
Download our Growth dashboard if you want to see the example live: http://curbal.com/blog/the-ultimate-d…
Deep dive on variables:
Lets do a deep dive into variables shall we? In this video, I am going to cover the following:
1. Naming variables, dos and donts
2. The syntax for calling variables
3. Can a variable refer to a measure?
4. Can a measure refer to an external variable?
5. Can a variable refer to a variable?
6. Can a variable store a table?
6. Can you refer to a column from the table inside the variable?